Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Get Down With Your Bad Self

So, I have a question for all of you that keep increasing the counter level on this blog. If you felt like "getting down with you bad self" what song would you use to do that? You see I am teaching a toddler music class and in each session I have a song that the parents and child can use to just dance around and have fun. So far I've used a variety of tunes; "Say I Am" by Tommy James and the Shondals, "Cecillia" by S&G, & "Fishin' in the Dark" by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I've downloaded a few more for future classes such as "Everybody Dance Now" by C&C Music Factory, "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge, "Pump Up the Jam" by Technotronic, "Dance to the Music" by Sly and the Family Stone, and "Sing, Sing, Sing" by the Benny Goodman Band. Do you have any suggestions? Preferrably something that the average person would know, be able to find the beat of and shake their botty. I look forward to your input!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

A few I thought of, that may or may not be appropriate: Respect by Aretha Franklin, Let's Get it Started by the Black Eyed Peas, Don't Phunk with My Heart by the Black Eyed Peas, anything by Moby or Beck is pretty danceable, I Will Survive, It's Raining Men....all danceable. :)

donna said...

These aren't necessarily songs I dance around the house to, but how about Lets Dance by the Ramones, Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones, or Elvis: Blue Suede Shoes and Jailhouse Rock?

Where are you teaching the class? It sounds like fun!

Cristina said...

Hey Megan- Thanks for signing up under my link for the ipod! You should post your ipod link on your blog so you can get one. It's quite the deal!
Let me know how it goes, kay. Oh, and uh... BINGO anyone? Thursday? Kristin's?

meganleah said...

Donna,

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your question. I teach the class through the local Community Ed. program. It's actually held in the Atwater High school wrestling room. This has it's good and bad points. The whole room is full of mats which make it especially fun to play on. I must admit that I've envisioned myself being Mary Lou Retton on the mats but never acted it out. The bad point is that I've also envisioned what actually happens on the mats when we aren't there. Really sweaty high school boys grabbing each other in bad places while wearing leotards. The leotards are actually called singlets, if you talk to a wrestler. I think that's just a name they made up so that they don't have to say they are wearing leotards.

Cristina said...

Megan... enough blog surfing. Don't you think it's time for you to post something?